I guess now is a better time than any to build a new life right? What better way for me to learn to not take life for granted, and to always tell people you love how you feel. What better way to learn to take advantage of every opportunity to be happy, and live the life you love?
I wish it was that easy. I wish I could tell you I woke up one morning, decided to be happy and I just was. I know ALL these things, and somewhere in me, I have every intention on living that way, but how do you push aside the pain, and the heartache that accompanies every single moment that I have to live without him? How do I look to the future when my own definition of the future always involved him, I don’t know. I have to redefine my future, and redefine my life.
I am not sure how I am going to do this, but I am tired of feeling like this. I have every opportunity in front of me to build a beautiful and remarkable life, and I am not taking every advantage of it. I know Nate would want me to.
They say that public proclamation of goals, and intentions increases your success rate, and that when you seek support and accountability you are more likely to achieve your goals than when you don’t.
So, this is me, admitting that I am NOT happy, and I am so tired of pretending. This is me taking it back to roots of who I am, rebuilding MY life, and looking to the future. I am ready to create the life I want to live. I am ready to be happy again.
I am starting here, with my list of things that make me happy, remember this is in no particular order and is by no means all inclusive, just some things that came to my mind tonight.
- Jesus, seriously, I can’t even grasp the gift that He is to us.
- My kids-who knew I would ever be capable of creating such amazing little people? I am not nearly as awesome as they are.
- Laughing until I cry, or feel like I am going to pee my pants, I mean really is there a better feeling?
- Music, all types, all the time. I turn on music when I get up, and keep it on as much as I can. Favorite genre? Hard to say, really depends on my mood, but my playlists will make you walk away shaking your head, I can promise that.
- Singing, I am soooo bad at it, but it makes me sooo happy.
- Watching my favorite movies 9848534 times just because it is on.
- Great friends, the kind you can tell anything, call anytime day or night, laugh and cry with, or not talk to for like 6 months and it’s perfectly acceptable.
- Rainy days curled up on the couch with someone you love.
- Good Morning Texts
- Lip Gloss
- My Jeep
- Random Acts of Kindness
- Mail that is not a bill
- Meeting someone new
- A clean house
- Any body of water, lake, river, ocean
- Taking and looking at beautiful photos
- Clean sheets
- Running-the physical pain feels better than my heartbreak
- Backyard bonfires
- Road Trips
- Traveling to a new place
- Stars on a clear night
- The whole state of Colorado
- Spotify Playlists
- Fresh fruit
- Office supplies
- Getting up before my kids so I don’t get woke up
- Event Planning
- Wearing Heals
- Deep Conversation
- Self-Help Books
- squishy pillows
What things make YOU happy?